Monday, November 14, 2011

Back to Basics

Wow, the past few months have been crazy intense, in a wonderful way. I have a few projects going at once, in various stages, and for the first time in my brief writing career, I'm confident that I'm not going to run out of ideas or passion anytime soon. It's been a really productive time.

Except here on the blog. I apologize for that. I poured a lot of energy into this thing over the last year or so, but for the last two months, I haven't made much time for it. I also haven't been doing much of what I think I do best--writing about the intersection of psychology and literature, and specifically YA literature.

So, it's back to basics for me.

On Mondays, I'll post about psychological disorders and phenomena, the weird-cool-scary ways our minds and psyches work.

On Wednesdays, I'll post something writing-related, most likely from a psychological point of view.

Fridays will be open, simply because I don't want to overcommit! But when I do post, it will most likely be an analysis of a book that contains characters with mental/emotional disorders.

Is there anything you'd like to see here? Something you'd like me to cover?

Now. This post is short--because I'm off to read some of your most recent posts! And those will include Lydia Kang's Medical Monday post, and Laura Diamond's Mental Health Monday post, of course!

20 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your blog. Like you, I've had less time to blog since September. Now that my class assignments are done, I hope to make more time. The upside is I've started writing again in the last week.

    Good luck with your new routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you've been working on multiple projects and have a full reservoir of ideas for the future!!

    I have multiple manuscripts to work on, but all are revisions, and I'm feeling a little thin in the "new idea" department. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that working on one project often inspires me to work on others, because the creativity is flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang. You're coming back just as I'm leaving. #notreally

    ReplyDelete
  5. very smart approach. You have to remember why you're here. Make it manageable. And personally, I love the psycho-Mondays. LOL! :D Best of luck~

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a great schedule!

    i'm one who truly believes that if you need to write- write. if you need to deal with life- deal. the blogosphere will be here when you return, and when you pop in between returns. it changes, but it's there.

    a wise woman once told me (and by wise woman i mean you) that bloggers who take the occasional hiatus have their priorities in order.

    looking forward to seeing you around more often!
    AND!!!
    super excited for your brain flood of new ideas and passion!!! whhoooo hoooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Laura! Welcome back. I'm looking forward to your posts. So glad you had a super-duper productive last few weeks.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great lineup! I really enjoy your Monday posts. They're entertaining and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy to take your insights any way you want to dish them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, gotta do what 'cha gotta do! And writing is what we do, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can wait patiently. It's good practice!!! LOL. Can't wait to read more psych/writing posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH NO! I posted as Martina. OOPS that was me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back, Sarah, we've missed you! But the choice you made sounds excellent. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy to see you're back! I just went to the two day schedule myself. Gotta seek a balance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heck yeah for crazy, intense, wonderful months :) I can't wait for more of your posts, though--they're always so fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing wrong with going back to basics! So happy the idea well isn't drying up anytime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. When the writing bug hits, ya gotta follow it :) It is the important thing.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear you're coming back, Sarah!
    As for questions, have you done a ton on untreated bi-polar disorder?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to read your psychological disorders and phenomena post - welcome back! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi miss sarah! been missing you. but for sure i know when you got lots to do you just gotta do it. im not blogging so much cause of school. but for sure when i do im coming at you blog cause you write way interesting stuff.
    ...hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete