Monday, April 2, 2012

To keep you entertained ...

Hi, folks. As we roll into April, I'm realizing I have deadlines for SCAN revisions looming, copy edits for SANCTUM, and a new project that ambushed me as the result of random tweets by Dawn Rae Miller and Becky Yeager (which ... just has to be saved for another post. It's either brilliant or a massively exciting time suck). So, I'm going to take a little hiatus.

In the meantime, please watch this two-minute video of Newt Gingrich introducing my awesome agent, Kathleen Ortiz, at a recent conference. Actually, the words belong to the ever-hilarious Lynne Kelly Hoenig, author of CHAINED, who introduced Kathleen this weekend at SCBWI Houston. She contacted a bunch of us in advance to ask for little tidbits about Kathleen, and I may have contributed a few things that embarrass Kathleen demonstrate what a dedicated professional she is (want to guess which ones? I'll fess up if people are interested ...).

I'll be around this month, possibly with a cover reveal or other cool stuff, but otherwise, I'll be pretty quiet. I'll still be visiting your blogs whenever I can, though! Good luck to those doing the A to Z challenge!

And of course, to keep you further entertained, I suggest you visit Lydia's blog for her Medical Monday posts and Laura's blog for her Mental Health Monday posts!

17 comments:

  1. You're a busy lady! And the link to Newt is not working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I just tested it and it took me straight to the video ... sorry it didn't work for you, and I hope other folks will let me know if it doesn't work for them, either. I want people to see it, if only to understand how the words "cupcakes" "Disney" "crack house" and "shirtless men" could make it into the same introduction.

      Delete
  2. Go get'em! I'm sure you'll accomplish all you need/want to and even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that part about looking through pictures of shirtless young men for writing inspiration wasn't nearly as taxing as it sounded. ; )

    Kathleen is awesome, and I'm super excited she likes cupcakes and Disney. Those are MY favorite things too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooo-kay?
    that was sooooo funny and odd!
    i liked the part about getting lost and ending up in front of a crack house.
    and then the positive feedback, the repeat of "dude" in particular was freakin' hilarious. (also, this is the kind of feedback i give to people when i crit... dude. Dude. DUDE!!!!!) HA!
    i hope you can get all your bushels in a row!
    have a great april!
    we'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAH! This was great! "Even though she doesn't like being called -cuddly- she totally is." Nothing like Newt's voice saying "cupcake" and "Disney". And all the 'dude's. Thanks for this great little vid!

    I can't wait to find out if the mysterious project you mentioned is, in fact, brilliant or just a time suck. Either way, it should be fun! Good luck with all that's on you plate! And have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know ... and so far, it's a blast!

      Delete
  6. You'll be missed, but you gotta hit your deadlines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering how you would get Newt Gingrich and Ms. Ortiz in the same clip...

    See you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a productive break, see you when you get back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hah! Sure looks like Newt, even if it sounds like that little paper clip Microsoft used to force you to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for your cover reveals, especially the one for Sanctum! Now to watch the video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah, sorry I haven't visited you for a while. YOUR NOT A STICK PERSON ANYMORE! Can't wait to see your cover reveal! Can't wait to buy your book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here I am halfway through the month to FINALLY comment on this post. I hope you're having a good and productive hiatus! And I can't wait to see a cover one of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your projects Sarah :)

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can relate to being busy this month too. I hope you've got much done. I know I have.Looking forward to seeing your Plotting Blogfest entry.

    ReplyDelete