Wednesday, April 24, 2013

All the Things.

It's been a looooong time since I posted. It's amazing to me how quickly the months have passed. At this point, I honestly don't know how often I'll post, because so much is going on ... however, I think I'll plan a few series based on presentations I'll be doing at the Missouri Writers Guild conference at the end of this week!

I have many updates!

First: I've been so grateful and pleased with the way Sanctum has been received, and I'm excited (okay, and terrified) about the upcoming publication of book two, which is called:


Some people have already expressed their apprehension about the direction of the story based on the title, which tells me the title is ... doing its job. Fractured will be published on 10/29/13 (which also happens to be my birthday). It is available for pre-order NOW. If you pre-order the Kindle edition, you will receive a free short story entitled Captive, which is from Malachi's perspective.

If that's not enough Malachi for you, his journal entries post three times a week right here, along with other news about the series.

And then: News about SCAN ... Putnam has decided to move the publication date from fall 2013 to May 2014. I'm happy about this change for a number of reasons (not the least of which is that having 2 books come out in fall 2013 might have made my head explode), and Walter J and I are super-excited about the book. More on that in the fall, I think. If you want to add it to your to-read shelf on Goodreads, it's right here.

And then: well, I guess there are so many things brewing on so many fronts that I could babble on about them, but it would be sorta premature. The publishing world is so funny--what's on my mind most right now is preparation for things you won't be seeing until next year sometime! Like Factory Ghost, which will be coming out next summer. It's like living in the future--it makes now rather hazy, unfortunately.

And ... that's all. Except that I'll be back in May with some posts about TRAUMA of all types, and some posts developmental psychology in YA fiction, and perhaps prizes of some type. Or cookies. I haven't decided.

How are you all doing? What have I missed? Have you published something? Are you querying? Have you gotten an agent or a book deal? Are you writing something you're excited about? Are you growing out your hair or taking up golf or moving to Bali? TELL ME.

18 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, Sarah! We missed you! I can't imagine how busy you are with all these books in various stages of development -- and still working the day job, I presume.

    My day job is stressing me to the max, since I have major philosophical conflict with the direction teaching has taken -- ie, more assessment than teaching. I have a book coming out, and editorial revisions for a different book due the day before the release. Another book is due to the editor in August, I have a baby shower and wedding shower to plan for work colleagues (and I have to lie to them both), and a daughter who turned 16 and is now going on dates.

    So yeah, stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're back, if only for short while, and happy for all your sucess. Me? I've been absent also but finally getting back in the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm looking forward to your trauma posts and i'm so happy things are going well for you! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to do a double take when I saw your post in my dashboard, Sarah. I thought I was seeing things.

    I love the title Fracture, but that's because it makes sense to me. It's a great choice. And yay on the short story release. I love that one. Okay, I love all your books and short stories from the series so far.

    You are definitely going to have a busy 12 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you and wow, you ARE busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah,
    I just stumbled onto your blog. Sorry I will miss the MWG conference this year, but I will stop by your blog again to find out what I'll be missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Donna! Yes, I'll definitely try to put some of the info here, only abbreviated :)

      Delete
  7. Nice to see you back, and thank you for the nudge about the Fractured pre-order. Kindle version is now pre-ordered. :D I can't wait to read what happens!

    As for myself, I'm currently working on the first draft my third YA novel, a story about a seamonster trying to stop the apocalypse. Meanwhile, my agent's reading through one of my much-redrafted first YA novel, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed things go well there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the short story! And good luck--I hope you get good feedback from your agent soon!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you are busy with lots of good things! In many ways the publishing world is like the fashion industry...always three seasons ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very much how it is! I've just turned in an ms for a book that won't be published until 2015!

      Delete
  9. Definitely have missed your blog posts, Sarah, but I'm glad I can still kinda bother you on Twitter. It's still mind-blowing to see how much stuff you have on your plate, so it's totally understandable that blogging has fallen by the wayside. Good luck with everything & I'm looking forward to all these things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pleased to see your blog pop up with a recent post. You've been missed. And now that my Kindle is operational again (I lost the power cord!) I can get busy reading your books. Alas, no publishing news. I have started a commercial writing business to supplement my other writing (and because it's just plain fun!). I'd brag about the website, but it isn't up yet. LOL So happy for you, Sarah, and your many successes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah,
    I've just finished Sanctum, I loved it.
    I'm looking forward to Fractured very much, I've pre-ordered it.
    I'm hardly a young adult, being nearly eighty.
    I won't be asking you any professional questions, that's not to say that I don't have problems, only that I've learnt to live with them or solved them. ;)
    Once again, thanks for your lovely book.
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I can't believe you have so many books coming out so close to each other. You must write very fast. (I wish they made a pill for that.) Your news is mind-blowing. My news is that I got an agent. Congrats to us both - more to you though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY FRACTURED!!!! Congrats!!! Can't wait to see the cover!!! What email can I use to request an ARC from Skyscape!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of great stuff! I hope you sell something else soon. You know the one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm moving to Bali--it's so weird you guessed!
    jk
    talk to you soon? Looking forward to the cover of Fractured too!

    ReplyDelete